Tuina (Chinese:推拿), whose name comes from two of the actions: Tui means “to push” and Na means “to lift and squeeze.”, is a form of Chinese manipulative therapy often used in conjunction with acupuncture, moxibustion, fire cupping, Chinese herbs, Taichi, and Qigong. Tuina is a hands-on body treatment that uses Chinese Taoist and martial arts principles in an effort to bring the eight principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) into balance. The practitioner may brush, knead, roll/press, and rub the areas between each of the joints, known as the eight gates, to attempt to open the body’s defensive (wei) chi and get the energy moving in the meridians and the muscles.
In ancient China, medical therapy was often classified as either “external” or “internal” treatment. Tuina was one of the external methods, thought to be especially suitable for use on the elderly population and on infants.
Today, Tuina is subdivided into specialized treatment for infants, adults, orthopedics, traumatology, cosmetology, rehabilitation, sports medicine, etc. In modern China, many hospitals include Tuina as a standard aspect of treatment. In the West, Tuina is taught as a part of the curriculum at some acupuncture schools.
Open meridians and collateral, promote Qi and Blood circulation, release pain, help right Qi and expel pathogenic Qi, harmonize yin and yang.
Basic knowledge on meridians distributions, muscle and bone structure and conceptions on commonly encountered diseases.
Indication of Tuina
- Closed soft tissue injury: lumbar disc prolapses, cervical spondylosis, frozen shoulder, chest pain, stiff neck, acute lumbar sprain, knee ligament injury, piriformis syndrome, etc.
- Chronic muscle ligament strain: chronic lumbar muscle strain, back muscle strain, etc.
- Proliferative bone diseases: degenerative spondylitis, osteoarthritis of the knee, heel pain, etc.
- Peripheral nerve disorders: such as facial paralysis, trigeminal neuralgia, sciatica, etc.
- Internal medicine illness: come cold, headaches, insomnia, epigastric pain, ptosis, hiccups, constipation, chronic diarrhea, enuresis, arthralgia syndrome, hemiplegia, etc.
- Gynecological diseases: such as irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, chronic pelvic inflammatory disease, mastitis, postpartum psychosis pubic symphysis separation, etc.
- Pediatric diseases: diarrhea in infants, children malnutrition, children enuresis, pediatric muscular torticollis, children with cerebral palsy, children’s malnutrition, etc.
- ENT diseases: pseudo myopia, aphonia, chronic rhinitis, toothache, etc.
- Exogenous: fever chills, headache, dizziness, and fainting first aid, etc.
- Heath promotion, Relaxation
- Emotional disorders: depression, anxiety, etc.
- For Beauty