It is well known that maternal disorders affect the health of the offsprings. When I did my PH.D project in Chengdu Unviersity of TCM, I put focus on the prenatal PTSD and its influence on the offsprings (Zhang et al. 2018). Prenatal maternal simulation of PTSD during pregnancy could negatively alter the behavioural performance in the offspring, as shown by their reduced behavior test (OFT and EPM) scores, which might constitute experimental evidence of kidney deficiency resulting from prenatal damage. JKSQW i.e. Jin Kui Shen Qi Wan1 could successfully rectify the kidney deficiency and improve the offspring’s OFT and EMP performance. Meanwhile, Fifty-four differentially expressed genes contributed to the alterations. Furthermore, the hypermethylation of Ntf3 might play a key role in inducing kidney deficiency through maternal PTSD, which could be treated with JKSQW.
Recently, an american team reported a literature review on the possible relatioship between the offsprings’ mental health and prenatal exposure to Covid-19(Zimmer et al. 2020). They concluded that as follows
- viral pandemics have been associated with an increased incidence of schizophrenia;
- aternal immune activation models have provided support for this association;
- the virus has been associated with neuropsychiatric symptoms, may be neurotropic;
- it remains unclear whether Covid-19 is associated with direct vertical transmission
- Covid-19 exposure in utero may increase risk for schizophrenia later in life.
In my opinion, to supplement the kidney may be a possible prevention from trans-generation impact.
- Zhang, Hui, Si Han Peng, Xiao Li Liang, Hong Yan Wang, Xian Geng Zhang, and Xiao Jing Jiang. 2018. “Ntf3 Hypermethylation in Antenatal PTSD and Preventive Effect of the Chinese Herbal Medicine Jin Kui Shen Qi Wan.” Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment, May, 663–70. https://doi.org/10.1080/13102818.2017.1421101.
- Zimmer, Anna, Alix Youngblood, Adam Adnane, Brian J. Miller, and David R. Goldsmith. 2020. “Prenatal Exposure to Viral Infection and Neuropsychiatric Disorders in Offspring: A Review of the Literature and Recommendations for the COVID-19 Pandemic.” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, November. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbi.2020.10.024.
- A classical herbal formula to supplement kidney Qi, recorded in Jin Kui Yao Lue, read more detail